At Eco Log House, manufacturing environmentally welcoming and sustainable products and solutions is pretty vital to us. All the garden log cabins that we produce are created to a high typical using sustainable elements and fulfill newest constructing laws on insulation values. Far more information and facts on the sustainable supplies we use can be located under:
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) oversees the responsible management of the world’s forests. They established the requirements for forest solutions and determine if merchandise are authorized to be labelled as eco-helpful. We manufacture all our garden log cabins from timber that we get from FSC-qualified suppliers. We fully grasp the great importance of employing sustainably and responsibly sourced timber to help reduce our environmental impact.
“Logs are normally good insulators so a new back garden log cabin will be strength successful, and heating expenses will be lessened, appropriate?” Wrong. So why is insulation so important? Studies have demonstrated:
- Floors accounts for somewhere around 10% of warmth decline in a backyard garden log cabin
- Roof and flooring merged account for as large as 70% of heat loss
- Partitions, windows, and gaps account for approximately 35% of heat loss.
Insulation not only allows preserve a yard log cabin heat in the winter season, but also awesome in the summertime. Insulation is out there in a collection of different merchandise together with boards, rolls, and foam. We presently supply the pursuing alternatives of insulation:
PIR Insulation – PIR stands for polyisocyanurate, which is a variety of rigid foam insulation that’s used in building building. PIR insulation is a expense-powerful creating content that will pay back for by itself in excess of time. PIR boards will help you save 80 periods much more strength than it took to make it about its life span. The other benefits of PIR are:
- PIR boards want only 50 percent the thickness of classic insulation to reach the exact same amount of thermal efficiency
- They will not rot, sag, or perish above time
- The insulation core and facings aid protect towards mould and bacteria
- Hearth resistant
Mineral Wool Insulation – Mineral wool is a non-metallic, inorganic merchandise created from a very carefully controlled mix of uncooked materials, which includes possibly stone or silica which are heated to a high temperature right until molten. The molten glass or stone is then spun and formed into a versatile, fibrous mat for even more processing into finished goods.
The outstanding thermal, fire and acoustic homes of mineral wool derive from the mat of fibres that helps prevent the motion of air, and from mineral wool’s inert chemical composition.
Sheep Wool Insulation – For thousands of many years, sheep have been equipped to adapt to even the harshest of environments, as their wool protects them by hot, cold, damp, and dry seasons.
Wool’s unique benefit is its breathability. That is, it’s capacity to take up and launch moisture from the encompassing air, with no compromising its thermal effectiveness. When wool fibres take up dampness, they deliver little quantities of heat. This warmth acts to stop condensation in development cavities by maintaining the temperature over the dewpoint in damp situations. This residence makes a normal buffering outcome, stabilising warmth modifications that arise with relative humidity. Nearly, this minimizes the need to hold modifying heating or cooling degrees as wool insulation will preserve a properties cooler during the day and hotter all through the evening. The positive aspects of sheep wool insulation are:
- Wool is all-natural, renewable, and sustainable content
- Sheep wool insulation is beautifully risk-free to touch and necessitates no specialised safety clothing or gear, creating it easy to set up. It results in no discomfort to the eyes, pores and skin or lungs and wool fibres present no hazard to your wellness
- Wool fibres are breathable, indicating they can take in and release dampness with out cutting down thermal efficiency as opposed to fibre glass-based products and solutions
- Wool does not guidance combustion and will extinguish itself in scenario of fire
- Sheep wool insulation does not settle due to the significant elasticity of the wool fibres guaranteeing no loss of effectiveness around time.
For much more facts on the unique insulation choices we can present, make sure you contact us.
The cladding of your log cabin refers to the exterior of your setting up. It is not only about how it appears to be like, but also the level of insulation and longevity it offers. We use possibly timber, PVC, or a composite cladding for our backyard garden log cabin builds. If sustainability is an critical component for you, we suggest either a western crimson cedar cladding or a homegrown cedar cladding.
Most of the western crimson cedar cladding witnessed in this place is imported from Canada nonetheless, cedar grows effectively in our woodlands as well. Irish cedar cladding offers a noticeably more affordable option to Canadian cedar and avoids the sizeable environmental effect of transport timber to the Ireland.
The balance and organic longevity of Irish western crimson cedar tends to make it perfect for external cladding programs. The wooden is reasonably knotty, but the knots are seem and do not detract from its effectiveness.
For much more data on the expert services that we provide and the garden log cabins we make, make sure you mail us a message. You can also discover out a lot more about us here on our website:
Buy Log Cabins / Log HousesHere at Eco Log House, we're a leader in supplying log cabins Dublin. And we offer many ways for you to transform aspects of your traditional log cabin.